Upgrade for comfort and energy efficiency of a listed building in a conservation area
The Old Vicarage was built in 1812, along with the church next door. It s listed Grade II, and it is also set in Edge Hill Conservation Area.
The last vicar to live here left in 2007, though the church remains very active.
It was bought in 2010 and upgrades and alterations were carried out in 2011-12. These concentrated on improving the energy efficiency with about 150mm of blown cellulose insulation added to the inside of the walls, some of the windows replaced with double-glazed versions, and others fitted with secondary glazing. Heat recovery ventilation has been installed.